Skin Holy Grails

Skin Holy Grails


Now I'm no angel when it comes to looking after my skin, I have been known to come in from a night out and not take off my make up or leave it until I'm too tired and I resort to dragging a makeup wipe across my face in the early hours of the morning, screw it up, attempt to chuck it in my waste paper basket, fail, roll over and pass out (we've definitely all been there) only to regret it in the morning when half my mascara is down my face, looking more like a member of Kiss after having been caught in the rain than looking fresh faced and ready to start my day.
As I'm now in my twenties (I'm 26 now) I've become more aware of how important it is to look after your skin, over the past few years I've tried countless skin products, face washes, face masks, moisturisers, gels and serums. I've put together a list of my top 10 skin products for every occasion, whether that be your skin is going through a sensitive patch, a dry spell or your oily T zone is slicker than John Travolta's hair in the movie 'Grease', I can say with confidence I've been in every one of those situations, sometimes all three at the same time, I've used each one of these prodcuts for a considerable amount of time, enough for me to form a solid judgment. 


1. Holland & Barrett Aloe fpVera Gel 100ml - £4.29
2. La Roche-PosayToleriane Softening Foaming Gel Wash Senstive Skin 150ml - £12.50
3. Formula Hyaluronic Acid Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser 200ml - £11.00
4. La Roche-Posay Effalcar Duo+ 40ml - £16.00
5. Timmy's Tea Tree and Turmeric Soap - £4.00
6. Nivea Daily Essentials Hydration Primer Dry/Sensitive 50ml - £5.25
7. Vichy LiftActive Anti-Aging Eyes 15ml - £25.00
8. Yes To Tomatoes Daily Repair Treatment for Combination Skin 50ml - £11.99
9. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Overnight Cream Sensitive Skin 40ml - £17.50
10. Chuckling Goat Calm-Down Kefir Lotion 50ml - £8.25



1.


This product is a zillion in one product, rich in anti-oxidants, vitamin C, E and beta carotene which has nourishing and anti-ageing properties. It can be used to calm and soothe skin, as a makeup primer, can help to treat sunburn, burns, psoriasis, cold sores, stretch marks, acne, minor skin infections, there's very little this bad boy can't do in terms of helping skin, I can guarantee you it will be the best £4.29 you've ever spent. 

2, 4, 9.



This is great for when your skin is being sensitive, I used it after I had a bad reaction to a makeup product, it didn't add any fuel to the fire on my already angry unhappy skin. Its a gentle Foaming face wash that leaves your skin feeling cleansed,soothed and nourished without being drying. 


This has been one of the best discoveries when it comes to my acne/blemish prone skin. I have trouble with hyper pigmentation in general but this has really helped with the skin on my face, applying it daily after my moisturiser  I've really noticed the marks fading which has allowed me to feel a lot more confident on those days when I'm not wearing makeup.


Again another great product to use if you have sensitive, allergy prone skin. It sinks in beautifully without leaving that heavy, greasy feeling that a lot of overnight products can. When used consistently it reduces skin sensitivity whilst minimising skin tightness and redness.
Available at the ever so trusty M&S this cleanser is a fantastic dupe for Liz Earle's Hot cloth  Cleanser. This one retails at £11.00 as apposed to the Liz Earle one at £16.00 (so you can grab that glass of wine you deserve after doing a stellar job at looking after your skin with the £5.00 you've saved!) .. Its used in the same way, massaged into dry skin using small circular motions, remove excess cleanser with a warm damp muslin cloth (one is included in the box). I've found this to be my most reached for product for t=removing my makeup, its quick, easy and feels great!

5.


Timmy's Online is a site I discovered through my cousin that is run by her friend (Claire Timmins). Timmy's is "an online sustainability focused everyday goods store that champions designers and makers who create with the planet in mind." If you hadn't already guessed my skin tends to be super sensitive most of the time so I like to find natural products and this is the perfect fit, I use the soap to cleanse all over my body except my face.  Don't be put off by the fact it contains turmeric as it leaves your skin smelling of lovely, fresh, zingy tea tree. Its suitable for those of even the most sensitive skin. It contains no palm oil, SLS or parabens and is never tested on animals. It is packaged in 100% recycled and recyclable paper so your helping out our planet by switching to this soap. Bonus!

6.


A great 2 in 1 product, ideal for those morning when you need to get ready in a hurry. Its a daily moisturiser with the added of bonus of a primer thrown into the mix, it provides a perfectly moisturised, even and smooth base ready for your foundation. With it being a gel cream it absorbs immediately and actually provides your skin with lasting hydration. 

7.


Designed to target wrinkles, dark circles and under eye bags, contains Rhamnose (a naturally derived plant sugar) Caffeine and Ecsine, it is clinically proven to target skin rejuvenation. I was having problems with dark circles and milia (little flesh coloured/white dots) under my eyes and this product has really helped in improving the appearance of both. It provides effective hydration for the delicate skin under your eyes. TIP: Keep in the fridge, when applied cold its really soothing on the skin and makes your eyes feel more awake for those mornings when coffee alone just wont cut it. 

8.


For days when you need a moisturiser with a bit of oomph! The salicylic acid in this penetrates your pores to clear up blemishes allowing your skin to heal. It is oil free so perfect for normal/combination skin (contains witch hazel which helps fight oiliness). When applied it feels air light with a slightly sweet smell, the smell reminds me of almonds and ginger. When I use this moisturiser I notice that my T-zone doesn't get as shiny, my foundation tends to oxidise and break up slightly normally but when used in conjuction with this it lasts longer, more time in between having to powder.

10.


The chuckling goat company was found when I was having issues with my digestive system (I know, Glamourous right?!?) and somebody suggested I drink Goats Kefir as its super high in nutrients and probiotics that are vital when trying to improve gut health. Whilst on the site I discovered they make skin care products as well. I chose to try the calm-down lotion to see if it would help improve my eczema. Let me tell you....what a bloody miracle. With the lotion containing anti-inflammatory goats milk, Finnish oat, olive and rice bran oil it is a god send for sore eczema, it relives the dry uncomfortable feeling almost immediately. Don't be fooled into thinking its just for people with problem skin, this is perfect for anyone wanting a little pampering as well, its infused with lavender essential oil  so its lovely to use just in general especially during a pamper session before bed because the lavender leaves you feeling relaxed and dreamy. 






I hope this helps a little. Id love to know what your holy grail skin products are?

xx

Comments

Popular Posts