I♡Makeup Chocolate Rose Gold Palette


I♡Makeup Chocolate Rose Gold Palette



Be still my beating heart, there is a palette that combines my love of rose gold, chocolate and warm hued eyeshadows all for under a tenner. The newest palette to join my hoard is the I♡Makeup Chocolate Rose Gold. I♡Makeup is part of the company Tam Beauty who are the brains behind brands such as Makeup Revolution London and DGJ Organics along with a plethora of others. (The vivid baked highlighters from Makeup Revolution are a particular favourite of mine, they really do rival some of the high end products on the market right now)



Chocolate Rose Gold Palette 



The palette resembles the Too Faced chocolate bar palettes in the way it looks, a. like a bar of chocolate and b. inside has the double sized lighter/base colours (which are a god send as these are always the colours I go through the fastest because of using them as a base/highlight). Once you open up the packaging you can smell the faint aroma of cocoa which is always a bonus!, I hate it when makeup has that heavy chemical smell about it, makes me hesitant to put it on my skin.
The shades themselves are different from the Too Faced palettes but I think they make a great dupe for the HUDA Beauty Textured Shadows palette. Both are a collection of mattes and shimmers consisting of warm coppers, rosy hues, velvety clarets and earthy toned colours.   Furthermore the Chocolate Rose Gold palette is a BARGIN at just £8.99 at Superdrug here in the UK so its perfect for the days when you cant afford to keep up with the Kardashians. 

There are 16 shades in the palette. 2 double size base/highlighter colours, 7 shimmers and 7 mattes.


Swatches



They swatch true to colour, they are very pigmented, I will say, the shimmer colours seemed to have better colour pay off than the mattes when I was swatching them but when applied using brushes when it came to properly doing my makeup they worked beautifully well. The shadows are buttery soft and super blendable, I was so pleased they lived up to the Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes that I know and oh so love, the quality is consistent throughout all of the Tam Beauty brands. 
There are a good mix of shades for you to be able to take your look from day to night without having to cart round a ton of other products.  The colour Hold Up can also be used as cheek highlight if you really want to save space in your makeup bag. 
The staying power of these shadows is impressive, granted I used an eye primer before applying but I do this with every eye shadow I use, but I've always found eyeshadow primers tend to stop the colour from creasing rather than improve its longevity.. The first time I wore them I had my makeup on for a solid 14 hours with little smudging and hardly any fade but for £8.99 I'm really not complaining.
All in all I'm really pleased with this purchase! Tam Beauty are killing it at the moment, like I said the Makeup Revolution vivid baked highlighters are used by myself daily. This is great dupe for some of the high end rose-gold/warm toned palettes that are circulating the beauty scene at the minute. 



So go go go and grab one for yourselves, it took me 3 trips to Superdrug before I finally spotted one in stock because they are so popular and I can completely understand why.

What products are you loving at the minute?

xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts